Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nanning

After a 3+ hour flight from Beijing, we arrived in Nanning in Guangxi province.  The first thing we noticed here is the humidity.  It is warm like Beijing but super humid, very tropical with palm trees, etc.  Nanning is a thriving, growing city of 6+ million.  It is amazing how much construction is going on here.  We have checked into the Majestic hotel and have met up with one of the other 2 couples in our group.  We had dinner at a local restaurant where there were tons of choices of food.  We decided to play it safe and stick with rice, dumplings and noodles rather than try the gelatinous pork blood and chicken feet.  Tomorrow we have a meeting with our facilitator to go over the program and then we meet Siena in the afternoon!   More to follow soon!

J

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we are so happy you've arrived. can't waitto read tomorrow's update and hopefully see Siena soon!!!!
love you all,
robyn

Lara Couturier said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear how it all goes. I guess you'll meet her as we all sleep! Have fun and good luck. We'll check back in the morning...

Jackson said...

I love you. I just want to see you. Have you seen any tigers? Is Siena fun? I think she can have my soft school bus. She can keep that. I think that's good. Lukey is sleeping. I think that's all for me.